Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Marathon Majors Mission!

I blogged recently about the positive benefit that committing to and sharing my goals publicly had on my mileage in January.

Sticking to this theme, I wanted to announce publicly that I will be running all 6 of the World Marathon Majors. Granted this is not a particularly huge announcement and it is something that many people have done/are doing. If fact, I know someone who recently attempted all 5 (as they were before the recent addition of Tokyo) in one year. My first marathon in 2011 was the Virgin London Marathon and ever since then, I have thought how cool it would be to run all of the Major Marathons.

I am not going to set myself any time limit on completing all of the 6 Majors, I just know that over the course of my (running) life, I would like to be able to experience them all.

Recent unvailing of Tokyo as part of the WMM Series

I will be making a step in the right direction in September this year as I have a place in the 40th Berlin Marathon. My flights and hotel are booked and I am very much looking forward to running this iconic race, as well as experiencing all that Berlin as a city has to offer.

Assuming all goes well, this will leave me with Boston, Chicago, New York and Tokyo still left to do. Something which makes me very excited about my future in running.

No comments:

Post a Comment